CITY OF SUGAR LAND JOBS
Welcome to the City of Sugar Land application process! We are pleased to offer the opportunity for applicants to apply online.
To view position openings, it is not necessary to create a login id.
- Select the "Search Position" tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the drop down arrow to select a category or select "All".
- Click "Search Openings" to view the job postings.
- Choose the position you wish to view by selecting "Detail".
- If you would like to apply for one of the positions, click "Cancel" and return to the list.
- You must then login if you would like to apply for a position.
To Apply Online
- New users must select the "User Account" tab at the top of this screen and follow the instructions. Once you have completed all fields, select "Create User". Select "Continue" to log in and apply for any current job openings.
- Go to "Search Position", check Select by the desired position and click "Apply For This Job".
- Follow the prompts to complete your application.
- Existing users should select "Login" at the top of the screen.
- Click "Search Position".
- Click "Search Openings" or "View Jobs Previously Applied For".
- If you have previously completed an application, the status of your application will be displayed.
- Be sure to complete each section of the application. Items in red must be completed in order for your application to be submitted. Select "Review and Submit Application" when done.
- After your application has been saved, it can be used to apply for more than one job opening.
- You can update your application as you apply for posted positions. We encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter along with each application. Documents that are uploaded must be in PDF or Word format. You may also attach any additional documents, as needed.
If a conditional job offer is made, your background
will be investigated. Detail on your application every law violation (except
parking tickets) for which you were found guilty or to which you pleaded no
contest. If you do not remember your record, contact the appropriate law
enforcement agency. Law violations are reviewed in relation to the job for which
you are applying.
If offered a position, you will be required to pass a
drug screen and may have to pass a physical examination. This examination is
performed by a City contracted doctor, with no cost to you. Failure to pass a drug
screen or physical will result in a withdrawal of the job offer.
IMMIGRATION REFORM ACT
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires both
identity and eligibility for employment proof within three days of employment.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Sugar Land does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status. The information on this application and all attached papers, etc. is the property of the City of Sugar Land and for its use only.